Monday, March 22, 2021

Editing

         It might be weird to think about editing at this point, but that's exactly what I'm doing at this point. Similarly to how CG is done before much of production, many effects are shot first so as to complete them. One "effect" I need to do is add credits, but I decided to make them much more engaging, and have them interact with the environment. As such, I need to keyframe and animate quite a bit of text. Because of this, I'm doing a rough edit to see what can and cannot be done.

        Keyframing, or animating is the changing of properties over time, whether done manually or automatically. Scrolling text is a good example, as it is constantly changing its Y-axis position. Since I am lining up text to actual movement, there is not much I can do outside of manual editing.


        While changing properties is easy, lining all of it up so that the text isn't too slow or too fast is fairly challenging. Constantly having to play back the video as I change everything frame by frame becomes tedious, but it is very much doable.


        Another effect I'm using is masking. Just like movement, everything has to be lined up properly to keep something from appearing when its not supposed to. At slow frame rates it is easier to catch something even for a single frame. After all, 1/24th of a second is much more than 1/60th, so it is on screen for longer.

        After making sure that my simpler effects are doable, I can move on to practical effects, which are on a completely different level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bye bye, until next time

     Well, it is finally that dreaded time again, saying goodbye. Having finished everything, I'm putting it all in a Google Drive for h...