Sunday, February 21, 2021

So, what's next?

         Looking back at all the analysis I've made, I plan on using most, if not all of the thing's I've analyzed. I want to include some sort of flawed character, with a creative design for a monster, and obviously a horror genre. Recently there have been quite a few popular and well-made horror movies, so I certainly have lots of inspiration.

        The idea I feel most comfortable going with is a thriller-horror about a monster that haunts nightmares. The idea is very similar to A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), as there is some sort of safety net protecting the characters while they aren't being hunted down or chased in their dreams. While this can go against pacing, it does provide a sense of preparedness, as the characters are able to devise some sort of plan, while at the same time providing a setting for character change and development. 

        However, I want to take inspiration from A Quiet Place (2018), Alien (1979), and The Thing (1982), as they all had creative designs for monsters that either played into the plot, or had a plot centered around those monsters. I would like to avoid the latter, and create a story that doesn't pander to the point where there is no sustenance. But this will take quite a bit of time and effort, and I see myself writing a few scripts and drafts because of it.

        While I do not have the time, money, or desire to include a full-scale monster, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to hint at it using close-ups or renderings such as pictures and drawings. I really want to bring the antagonist to life, and make it a valid threat, but going for the funny jumpscare and closeup approach seems like a bad idea. I plan on building up the characters and plot within the trailer, giving basic insight into what the characters are like as well as establishing some sort of presence that drives the movie forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bye bye, until next time

     Well, it is finally that dreaded time again, saying goodbye. Having finished everything, I'm putting it all in a Google Drive for h...