Sunday, April 3, 2022

Wrapping up with inspiration part 1/?

    Things are slowly coming to an end, and while I am still not done, I did watch something that gave me a lot more to reflect on. While it can be counterproductive to get inspiration when wrapping up a project, I have been doing what I can to keep it from affecting me. 

    Either way, I watched Jujutsu Kaisen 0, which gave me a lot of ideas and inspiration in terms of animation work. The movie looks spectacular, not just the animation, but the effects as well, as is the case with anything MAPPA makes. Much like the show (that I have only watched clips and like three episodes of), there was no compromising in animation, as there wasn't really a time limit as much as with serialized releases seen in the first season of the sequel(?). It works well as a prequel, as it embodies a lot of the same charm of the series, condensing it into a single experience. While good for animation, I felt like it hindered the storytelling. Although the pacing was good, I found that I wasn't really invested, and a lot of what the series conveyed either felt bland, or wasn't developed enough to get me invested in it. 
Jujustu Kaisen 0, which deals with the prequel story of Yuta, has again been blessed by MAPPA's dedicated animators. Reception in both Japan and the US were good, as it earned 1st and 2nd box office placement for each respective country. I enjoyed it a lot, and you could too lol
    
    I also watched Thermae Romae Novae, another anime series that also gave me some inspiration. Although it wasn't as visually appealing as Jujutsu Kaisen 0, it still had a charm to it. At the end of every episode, the author of the original manga visits a hot spring that served as inspiration to her. She also makes a drawing relating to the place she visits. The series itself is also a lot simpler, with the plot being fairly redundant, but I still enjoyed it, as every so often I found new or interesting information regarding Ancient Roman and Japanese culture. After watching it, I thought of how having a simpler story doesn't mean bad, as some people can still enjoy it, reinforcing my previous ideas of having a simple story. 
Thermae Romae Novae is a simpler series, that still has it's own charm. I enjoyed quite a lot of it, as it felt sufficiently informational, while still adding humor and interesting visuals.

    Aside from this, I worked on more of my own ideas, streamlining them to my hearts content, even if I never make anything of them. I like watching any sort of content, as I always find something to appreciate or learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bye bye, until next time

     Well, it is finally that dreaded time again, saying goodbye. Having finished everything, I'm putting it all in a Google Drive for h...