Sunday, February 14, 2021

Late Night Ramblings Part 2: Electric Boogaloo

         Yes, I know I made that joke twice, but it's my blog and I can say it as many times as I want.

        Anyways, it is time for some unfortunate news, I will be working alone. The not-so-bad news, I have some ideas. Following the slightly more technological approach we had with Neue, I wanted to create a  3-D render of some sort. So far that's the only really thought out idea I have, but I do have ideas on how I can incorporate it. 

        One idea I had was creating a glass-breaking simulation. The overall idea is simple, but learning exactly how to make it work and how to make it look good will be a challenge. How do I plan on incorporating such a wonderful idea? By making a horror flick. I'm mostly inspired by ultra-realistic redners made in Blender (the 3-D graphics engine I am most comfortable with). It's simple yet complex nature has helped me quite a lot, as there are tons of online tutorials to help newcomers get used to it. I managed to make a render myself actually (pictured below).

        

        Yeah, it's pretty hard to see it's full 4k glory due to compression, but it's there. It also helped me get used to nodes and texturing, both of which are pretty important in renders in general. 
        So, what does this have to do with my project? Not much, maybe I'll find a way to incorporate the moon or something. Still too early into the planning stage to actually come up with something.
        As for my inspiration, I've been looking to my second-favorite thing, horror. One idea of having a glass-breaking render be used would be by having some sort of monster hunt a main character. The idea of an all-powerful beast looking for humans to eat and the hero finding some way to fight back has always been cool, especially when done well. I'll list a few examples and note what I enjoy most about them. 





        Hopefully it works, if not, click here. But as you saw, the trailer presented us with a terrifying threat, but we never saw the full scope of it, just a few shots, where wouldn't you know it, the creature was obscured. This type of filmmaking is brilliant, as designers, editors, directors, producers, and everyone else knew that fully showing us the monster would not only get rid of fear, but make the model itself seem fake.
        I've studied my fair share of how to make renders look convincing, and I think that implementing it into a minimal amount of scenes would add to the project as a whole. This is just the transitional post, but it is what has been on my mind. I'll keep jotting down more ideas and hopefully come up with a more conclusive idea later on, but until then, adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bye bye, until next time

     Well, it is finally that dreaded time again, saying goodbye. Having finished everything, I'm putting it all in a Google Drive for h...